Thursday, July 19, 2012


The Lord is such a "mystery," to use Zach Tinkle's word from last night. There are 3 teams of people leaving for Cambodia today, I'm lucky enough to know several of them personally, one who will be STAYING there for a couple years at the close of the trip. (I'm so incredibly proud of her). 

God knows that every cell within me wants so badly to be on that plane today with them. I miss my kids and somehow, though I've never understood this either, I miss the kids I haven't met. 

God has this incredible, yet not thoroughly understood, way of creating a void, a vacuum, in our spirits that aches for souls that we don't know. 

God knew today would be on my heart the moment I woke up and apparently He wanted to make sure I knew that He knew that. Jon has a habit of leaving the tv on overnight and when I got out of bed this morning and walked past it... take a wild guess what happened to be on? A special segment on the History channel about Cambodia. There's a song I love with these lyrics, "He knows my name, He knows my every thought, He sees each tear that falls and He hears me when I call." This is the way God knows me, somehow, someway, this great Mystery has planted Himself in my heart and it overwhelms me on days like this. I guess I just wanted to say, if you don't know Him, if you haven't figured Him out yet, well I haven't either... but I'm sure grateful He's figured me out.

Open your heart to the "mystery" which is Jesus Christ. Accepting doesn't mean completely understanding or even thoroughly explaining Him. Accepting Him is more like surrendering to the belief that "He is." Faith is part of the Christian walk, the journey to more understanding of Him and knowing Him more daily. We must have hearts ready to be taught and open to Him. Then, He will equip us with the wisdom and knowledge we need to lead those around us, the ones He brings into our path.

Proclaiming Him to the Fatherless in hopes of creating EX ORPHANS!
www.EXORPHAN.org
facebook.com/exorphan
twitter.com/exorphan

No comments:

Post a Comment